Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Her gift to me


Back in September my sister Sylvia and Jesse took a trip. I remember calling her that weekend and she answered. I don't remember why I called, but we talked for a bit and then she said with a bit of a laugh that she and Jesse were on their second honeymoon. I laughed, she laughed. They were on a weekend trip, just them two! I remember telling her, "Oh ok, I will let you get back to your honeymoon silly!" I teased her, and said something like "check you out..taking off and not telling me!"
We said our "good-byes", our "I love yous" and we hung up.
I remember sitting there and thinking to myself how awesome is that! Traveling with your love. I felt so much happiness inside for Sylvia and Jesse.

Fast forward to December 6th, her birthday. Jesse handed me and Sali these bags. A gift she intended to give to us but we never saw her after that trip. Inside these bags where these beautiful ceramic leaves with this white bird.
That same day I picked out a few things I wanted to keep that belonged to her. One of those things were her reading glasses.
When I look at them, I see her sense of style, at times so classy and at times funky =)
Sylvia,
It's you on my mind.
I know I can't see you but I know you are here with me.




1 comment:

Natalie. said...

I'm deeply sorry about your sister. DEEPLY SORRY. All my love, Natalie